Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Bit About Writing

I like to write, and I think of myself as a writer. One of my intentions in "blogging" is to try to expose myself as a writer a bit more. Of course, if no one reads my blogs, I'm safe.

I'm entertaining the idea of posting some of my short stories on the blog. It is an exposure of sorts, however. I write because it fulfills a necessary drive in me. There are stories in me that want out, and I have to tell them. But in the telling, I expose bits of myself and in sharing the stories, I create a vulnerability. Suddenly you, the reader, can see me in a different way. I open myself up for judgement.

I've written a book...and intend to have it published once I've worked through the anxiety of it. And now I'm working on short stories. And then perhaps a novel.

No comments: